Being Living with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease(COPD) for a long time, you may have experienced exacerbations or sudden flare-ups of respiratory symptoms. Symptoms of breathlessness, coughing, and wheezing is an indication of COPD exacerbations. Without quick and careful treatment, these symptoms could make it necessary to seek emergency treatment.
COPD flares can be frighting and uncomfortable, but their effects go beyond the attack itself. Researchers show that the more exacerbations you experience, the more hospitalizations you will need.
Learning to prevent and manage exacerbations can help you stay on top of initial signs of an attack. be healthier, and avoid urgent trips to the doctors.
Signs of COPD Flare
- Breathlessness or Shortness of Breath
- Increase in coughing attacks
- Increase of Mucus
- Fatigue or sleep problems
- Cognitive impairment
Steps to Manage your COPD Flare
- Use a quick acting inhaler
- Take oral corticosteroids to reduce inflammation
- Use an oxygen tank to get more oxygen into your body
- Shift to a Mechanical intervention
To know more about COPD: https://goo.gl/AHMZPy